More Sports

NEWS

ESPN Classic shop - footer image 2
World Cup, Lions & 6 Nations
Cricinfo logo
The home of cricket
ESPN Classic logo
The greatest moments in sport
Racing Live logo
Online motorsport coverage
ESPNsoccernet logo
World's site for the world game

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

ahead to the Monaco Grand Prix after admitting things did not go entirely to plan in Istanbul.

The world champion struggled for pace at last week's Turkish Grand Prix, finishing third behind team-mate Felipe Massa and McLaren's Lewis Hamilton.

Raikkonen, though, insists he has put his struggles at Istanbul Park behind him and is looking forward to the next race in Monte Carlo.

"Afterwards it's always easy to say what we could have done. But I never do that and this case is closed," the Finn said on Ferrari's website.

"So far the only the weekend at Barcelona was without any problems. I hope that the next one will be at Monte Carlo. I think that we have a very competitive car.

"We'll have two days of tests in France to test the solutions for the Monaco GP. The team is very motivated to try to be strong on a track where we were not competitive last year. "

Raikkonen's lead at the top of the Drivers' Championship was cut down to seven points.

"I came to Istanbul leading by nine points and now I'm seven ahead," he added.

"Not much changed. I had a really difficult weekend. It started with a problem and went on with another. Fortunately in the end I did not finish too badly. I wanted to fight for a win, but that's racing."

No comments: