More Sports

NEWS

ESPN Classic shop - footer image 2
World Cup, Lions & 6 Nations
Cricinfo logo
The home of cricket
ESPN Classic logo
The greatest moments in sport
Racing Live logo
Online motorsport coverage
ESPNsoccernet logo
World's site for the world game

Thursday, May 8, 2008

maria sarobova

Maria unhappy over photo shoot ahead of tournament
Maria unhappy over photo shoot ahead of tournament
May 03 / 2008 / 10:12 AM
Article related photos included.
Maria Sharapova is criticizing the WTA Tour for threatening to fine her more than $300,000 if she doesn't take part in a promotional photo session ahead of the Italian Open in Rome on May 12.

"They want me to do this shoot on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of the Internazionali BNL Italia tourney after flying 12 hours from L.A.," the Australian Open champion said in a statement posted on her Web site on Friday.

"I have set my own personal rules when it comes to doing shoots and I never do shoots before tournaments because they are mentally draining and I want to just focus on my tennis."

No comments: